Welcome To Dharmendrasinhji Arts College
Rajkot was a state before the independence of India. Thakore Saheb Shri Dhamendrasinhji was the ruler in 1936 AD. The foundation stone of The Dharmendrasinhji Arts & Science College was laid by His Excellency, the Right Honourable, the Earl of Willington, the Governor General of India On 7th January 1936.
The college was established in the year 1937 to impart higher education in Arts and Science during those days when not many institutes for higher education were available. Its underlying ideology was to provide education without any discrimination of caste, creed, colour, religion or language. It also aimed at bringing about the all around development of the students by laying emphasis on sports and physical education in addition to academics.
The college is laid out in a vast campus and the building, made up of iron and cement, is 230 feet long and 167 feet wide. Dr. R. K. Yagnik was the first principal of this prestigious college located in the heart of the city. Various halls were built and assigned for functions, science practical and a library. A sports building, a garden and a hostel building were also included in the campus.